For the sixth consecutive year, UNSOMNIA offers UNSW academics, researchers and PhD students the chance to showcase their ideas.
UNSOMNIA is a professional development program which provides UNSW Sydney academics, researchers and PhD students with a unique opportunity to refine their presentation skills and showcase their ideas and research to broad audiences. Managed by the UNSW Centre for Ideas, the UNSOMNIA program helps to develop academics’ careers with expert training in public speaking, developing content for general public audiences and reputation building.
UNSOMNIA 2021 asks the question: How can we thrive in the 21st Century? Applicants are encouraged to respond to the above question in reference to their research area, with this question becoming the basis for a 10 minute talk that participants will develop over the course of the program.
At the completion of UNSOMNIA, participants will have a range of specially made digital assets at their disposal (videos, podcasts, headshots), along with opportunities to present at live events to further promote their research and career.
In addition, participants from previous years have described the benefits of participating in UNSOMNIA as providing:
- Media opportunities to speak on television and radio.
- Invitations to contribute to prestigious journals, magazines and newspapers, and present at international conferences.
- A boost in their academic profile.
- Opportunities to engage with general public audiences through external events such as the Festival of Dangerous Ideas and UNTHINKABLE.
- A pan-faculty network of likeminded academics and researchers with potential for future engagement.
For more information and to apply, head to this link.