On-campus fitness centre has a refreshed look, new equipment and promises a better customer experience to its members
The Fitness & Aquatic Centre on the Kensington campus has opened its doors to the UNSW community with a fresh new look this year. The Centre has gone through a refurbishment in the past few weeks, aimed at enhancing customer experience and product/program offerings for its members.
The enhancements took place in two phases, with brand new cardio equipment and replacement of all weight plates taking place in late 2018. Between mid-January and mid-2019, a series of aesthetic and functional improvements will also be made to the fitness centre including:
- Reconfiguration and renovation of the gym floor and associated spaces.
- New lockers in both the corridors and changing rooms.
- More than $400,000 worth of new strength and cardio equipment.
- New and updated signage on the exterior of the building.
- Lighting upgrades including installation of brighter and more sustainable LED fittings. throughout the gym floor, reception, functional training studio, strength and spin rooms, as well as the corridors.
- Refreshed painting of the ground floor functional training studio, strength and spin rooms.
- Creation of a dedicated personal training and team training space.
These enhancements come as UNSW Sydney has entered into a new management agreement with YMCA NSW, which has been managing the UNSW Fitness & Aquatic Centre since 2013, for another three years. The new agreement is aimed at providing continuity and stability of management at the centre, whilst enhancing the quality of service.
Talking about the extension of the management agreement, UNSW’s Director of Business & Campus Services, Stephen Wong, said: “UNSW recognises the importance of building campus communities that are centred around wellbeing, active participation and healthier lifestyles. We are delighted to further our strong relationship with YMCA NSW to deliver enhanced products, customer service and equipment.”
UNSW Fitness & Aquatic Centre, located on lower campus, offers fitness programs and facilities, aquatic activities and swimming lessons, indoor sports, a crèche and more to the UNSW community.
For information about the centre, membership and programs, or to set up a salary sacrifice arrangement, visit www.ymcansw.org.au, phone 9385 4881 or visit the centre.