Friend Walk is a new feature available now on the StaySafe@UNSW app. It allows users to share their location in real-time so a friend or family member can track their journey.
This easy-to-use function lets you send your location in real-time to a friend or family member so they can watch you as you walk to your destination. They can keep an eye on you to make sure you make it safely to your destination and trigger a call to Emergency Services (Triple Zero 000) if necessary.
How it works
- Open the StaySafe@UNSW app on your mobile device and tap on Friend Walk
- Tap the Start Friend Walk button and select a contact to send your location
- Your friend or family member will receive a message with a link. When they click it, they will be directed to a map with your location and you will be connected to them
- Pick your destination and start moving
- When you reach your destination, finish your trip and disconnect. Your friend or family member will receive a message confirming you have arrived at your destination.
During your trip, in the event of an emergency, you can press the button to notify your friend or family member and start an emergency call. If you or your friend or family member disconnects, it will end the walk and you will be prompted to make an emergency call.
Download the StaySafe@UNSW app and start using Friend Walk today.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.