Whether you’re walking, driving or riding to UNSW, it’s important to stay safe around Light Rail.
- If you’re travelling on-board Sydney’s new Light Rail, don't overcrowd the platform and wait for people to get off the light rail before you board.
- Use designated crossings around light rail.
- Avoid distractions like mobile phones.
- Look left and right, check twice.
- For prams and wheelchairs, cross straight over the tracks to avoid wheels getting caught.
Drivers and Motorcyclists
- Don’t drive along the tracks.
- Never queue across intersections.
- Check twice for trams.
- Be aware that road conditions have changed.
- Don’t stop or park within the tram lane.
- Ride straight over the tracks. If you can’t, it’s always safer to dismount before crossing.
- Don’t ride along the tracks.
- Tracks can be slippery when wet.
For more info and frequently asked questions, visit the Estate Management website.
For more info about safety, visit the Transport for NSW website.