The Black Dog Institute offers practical strategies to lead change and provide support to boost mental health at work.
Managing for Team Wellbeing, delivered by the Black Dog Institute, is a workshop designed for employers, managers and supervisors. It will help you develop your wellbeing leadership skills and show how you can support others (and yourself).
The three-hour workshop will assist leaders to increase their awareness of how to control work-related psychosocial risks and build a mentally healthy workplace at UNSW.
What will leaders learn?
- How to have conversations with team members about mental health
- How to design healthier workplaces
- How to assist team members to stay at work, or to return to work after an absence
- How to spot the early warning signs of mental ill-health and what to do
- Your legal responsibilities as a manager
- Ways you can care for your own mental health
- How to support others on where to go for help.
Four workshops are being funded by SafeWork NSW and are free for UNSW leaders on:
- Tuesday 9 May
- Wednesday 14 June
- Tuesday 18 July
- Wednesday 16 August.
Workshops will be face-to-face from 9.30am – 12.30pm on the Kensington Campus.
Limited places are currently still available in the August workshop. The May, June and July workshops are full, however, we do have a waitlist. If you are a leader and would like to attend a workshop, please email Liza Poppert and advise whether you would like a spot in the August workshop, or if you would like to join the waitlist for one of the other dates.
Find out more about the Managing for Team Wellbeing training.