Join a focus group and contribute to UNSW’s new Workplace Adjustment Policy and Procedure.
UNSW seeks to ensure our culture supports a diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly in a safe and respectful environment.
In 2022, UNSW's Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP) was developed and published after extensive consultation across the University, led by the DIAP Steering Committee and DIAP Project Team. With the DIAP moving into the implementation phase, the DIAP Implementation Group – chaired by Professor Jackie Leach Scully, Director of the UNSW Disability Innovation Institute – was formed to oversee the plan, including monitoring performance and measuring outcomes against the objectives.
Some of the objectives implemented to date include:
- The delivery of Disability Confident Training sessions for UNSW staff and students available in 2022 and scheduled at a cadence for 2023
- The development of a Universal Design for Learning (UDL) self-paced module for educators
- The launch of the Accessible and Inclusive Events Hub
- Consultancy with the Students as Partners Consultative Group (formerly the Student Lived Experience Advisory Group) for feedback on key student engagement initiatives.
A new Workplace Adjustment Policy and Procedure
The Implementation Group has identified the review and development of a new UNSW Workplace Adjustment Policy and Procedure as one of the key initiatives to be actioned in 2023.
UNSW is working with Australian Network on Disability (AND) to run a staff focus group to help develop a new policy and procedure.
We are seeking 10–15 current UNSW Staff (Academic & Professional) to join the focus group. They need to meet these criteria:
- a lived experience of disability and/or identify as having a disability (temporary, visible and invisible) and/or
- have accessed a workplace adjustment or travel-related adjustment during their employment at UNSW.
Date: Tuesday 4 April 2023
Time: 2 – 3:30pm (90 minutes)
Location: Online via Teams
The focus group will provide an opportunity to learn about staff experiences, and will allow a confidential forum for feedback and input to help shape the new UNSW Workplace Adjustment Policy and Procedure.
Find out more and submit your Expression of Interest to join the focus group by Wednesday 29 March.
You can get further information by contacting EDI on firstname.lastname@example.org