Promoting better solutions for online teaching, learning and assessment
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the 27 universities that form the U21 group have an opportunity to work together in showcasing the solutions they have developed to enable online teaching, learning and assessment to make them readily available to continue higher level education. Partnerships of two or more U21 member universities can apply for this Fund, working together to design better solutions which can be subsequently shared within the U21 network. The goal of the Fund is to strengthen the network’s overall capacity to respond to current and future challenges in global education.
How does the Fund work?
- Partnerships of two or more U21 member universities can apply for the Global Education Enhancement Fund, working together to design better solutions for online teaching, learning and assessment.
- The Fund will make awards of up to $5000 per project partner for proposals to enhance digital capacity within the U21 network, creating best-in-class solutions to virtual teaching, learning, assessment and/or internationalisation.
- Funding may be used for technology set-up costs (such as digital or supporting physical infrastructure), training course design events or educational virtual mobility.
Preference will be given to proposals which:
- create tangible resources that can be easily shared with other partners across the network
- address pressing educational/internationalisation needs shared by members
- support member institutions in a partnership that may not be as advanced in their digital provision as other partners
- produce tangible and shareable outcomes in a relatively short period of time (e.g. three to nine months).
The proposal must include at least one of the following innovative aspects:
- new technology
- using technology in new ways
- new course design or structure built around the goal of Global Education/Internationalisation
- new approaches to online assessment.
The deadline for submission is Monday 11 May. If you wish to showcase your new technology and work together with our fellow U21 Members or for more information contact Katrina Stuve, International Liaison Officer, International Affairs.