The Student Information & Communications Team creates consolidated and streamlined student communications in a tone and voice that students can relate to.
We liaise with key student engagement colleagues and special project teams across UNSW to shape both standalone and recurring communications and more complex communication plans and campaigns.
With a focus on relevance versus volume, our goal is to deliver targeted communications via appropriate channels that achieve maximum impact while reducing the noise in our students’ inboxes. We are very proud of our above industry average student engagement rates, which sit at an average of 60 per cent open rate and 27 per cent click rate.
UNSW’s key student communication channels include:
- Term-time weekly Student News – check out our newsletter archive
- Specific cohort newsletters – we work together with stakeholders to create regular newsletters for their cohort, in addition to the weekly Student News. Check out past editions of EngScope, Inside Law & Justice, Inside Medicine & Health, Nura Gili News, ELS News (Equitable Learning Services) and The CAtch – the UNSW Business School’s Career Accelerator news on the newsletter archive
- Social media – follow us on our Instagram and Facebook channels @UNSWStudents
- The Current Students website – where we provide students with key program and enrolment information and showcase student life and development initiatives.
- Email (EDMs) – while we aim to reduce the number of emails students are receiving, sometimes a standalone email message is appropriate. We can create dynamic student lists that are extremely accurate and can filter information within an email to target specific cohorts to ensure relevance.
This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we’re always happy to chat about how we can support your communication needs.
We also manage regular campaigns throughout the year to support the student experience and lifecycle as they progress in their programs, including:
- Onboarding communications – extensive campaigns developed ahead of each term’s intake of commencing students. These communications include invites to all O-Week events and key information to enable our commencing cohort to get set up for their first term at UNSW.
- Student Lifecycle communications – keeping students on track with enrolment reminders, providing information on financial statements, outlining low completion thresholds, sharing exams messaging and announcing their graduation details.
- International Student Compliance communications – we are regularly in touch with our international student cohort to support their time at UNSW, including outlining their visa requirements, keeping them updated on the ongoing scams situation in Australia, inviting them to language workshops and encouraging them to get involved in university life.