The festival will bring the UNSW teaching and education support community together from 20 to 24 November.
Now in its third year, the festival promotes the sharing of ideas to challenge and inspire what we do next in education at UNSW. This year’s program explores themes such as transformative pedagogies and technologies, AI-enhanced education, innovative assessment design, engaging with industry, and much more.
The opening event will be hosted at UNSW Canberra (with a livestream), with most other events and activities held on the Kensington campus in hybrid format.
The festival encourages cross-disciplinary connections and collaboration, and all the themes hosted by the faculties and cross-faculty hosts will include presentations from across the University.
Nine themes will be addressed throughout the week:
- Transformative pedagogies and technologies in online postgraduate education
- Looking into the Black Mirror: AI and the future of legal education
- The Campus Connection
- Back to the Literature: Learning theories in the age of digital participants
- AI-Enhanced Education: Navigating the future of learning
- Innovative Assessment Design through Creativity, Collaboration and Inclusion
- Engaging Industry in Education
- Scientia Education Academy: Sharing knowledge, practice and awards
- Wellbeing at UNSW: Connection for support
The events will wrap up on Friday afternoon with the Festival Finale, starting with a Lunchtime Expo Gallery where colleagues will present on educational practices using digital posters and immersive VR outputs, as well as information from student and education support teams.
This will be followed by the Keynote Conversation, Awards & Celebrations event, featuring an exciting keynote conversation about AI in Education with Professor George Siemens (University of South Australia) and Professor Mary-Anne Williams (UNSW Business AI Lab, UNSW AI Institute and Michael J Crouch Chair for Innovation in the Business School), chaired by Professor Alex Steel (UNSW Pro Vice-Chancellor, Education & Student Experience).
Finally, an enhanced Teaching Awards ceremony will celebrate UNSW winners of education awards and learn about the achievements that led to these accolades. We will then conclude the festival with some drinks and nibbles.
Visit the 2023 Education Festival hub to learn more about this year's programs and to register for each event theme.